Welcome to my blog! Check out the "view by label" section in the sidebar to see what kinds of things I write about.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sleep-Deprived Rambling

I'm having one of my infrequent but nevertheless obnoxious bouts of insomnia. It usually takes me a while to get to sleep at night, but I almost never end up having to get up because of it. Tonight my brain just wouldn't shut up.

So I'm lying there trying to convince myself that it's time to sleep, and all the while stuff is running through my mind and I just can't make it stop. Now, if the things running through my mind were intelligent and profound, I would thank my insomnia for keeping me up and giving me a chance to think all these wonderful thoughts. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

One of the things keeping my brain up was a desire to write something, anything. Preferably more of my lame "super heroes" story which still remains untitled. Unfortunately my villain is being extremely stubborn right now and is not allowing me to write any of his scenes. As a result, I skipped ahead a few days ago to start writing the scene where my two main characters finally get together. This brought me to the realization that there actually is someone in the world who is capable of writing worse romance dialogue than George Lucas. How embarrassing.

Anyway, I opened my story document and nothing came to me, so I decided to blog instead. (I know by now you're all wishing I had just stayed in bed.) You know what I haven't done in a long time? Written poetry. If you can call it poetry, that is. I should probably just call it Weird Stuff That Kind Of Rhymes. I've only written a handful of poems in my life, and most of them are Star Trek poems. (Yes, I said Star Trek poems.) I think my favorite poem is called "Jim" and it's about the end of Star Trek: The Search for Spock, after the fal-tor-pan ritual. Such a great moment. Kirk and Spock are my all-time favorite fictional duo.

All right, enough of my sleep-deprived rambling. Good night.

PS: I can't think of a tag for this post besides "my day," but I only really talked about my night, so here's a summary of my day...

Read Acts chapter 3
Watched Voyager. Janeway rocked.
Went on the computer.
Stopped my cat from destroying the bathroom.
Went on the computer again.
Took a shower.
Went to The Living Room. Heard awesome music and teaching.
Went to bed. Couldn't sleep. Wrote random nonsense on Blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
What a silly way to begin
This poem to you!

So sorry you're tired,
Being sleepless so long.
It must feel so frustrating!
I wonder what's wrong?

Violets are purple,
Roses are red.
May your head now be quiet.
May you sleep while in bed.

I hope tonight's better,
And you'll be able to sleep.
Good-bye bouts of insomnia.
May you have sweet dreams to keep.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Clearly your Mother writes
worse poems than you!

Love, Mom!<><