Welcome to my blog! Check out the "view by label" section in the sidebar to see what kinds of things I write about.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things I Like

Inspired by this post by Greg Laurie, I decided to do my own list of things I like.

Books
I've always loved to read. From elementary school up until about 11th grade reading was pretty much all that I did. (I actually had somewhat of a social life my senior year.) Some of my favorite books are: Sherlock Holmes, I Robot, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Princess Bride, The Phantom of the Opera, The Lord of the Rings, Anne of Green Gables...


Musicals
I've always been a big fan of musicals, thanks in large part to my dad, who introduced me to Rodgers and Hammerstein. It's one of my favorite film/theater genres, and it's my favorite type of music to sing. You know...if there's nobody else around.


Fandom
I'm definitely a big fandom geek. My favorite fandoms are Star Trek (Original Series, Next Generation, and Voyager), Star Wars, Back to the Future, Firefly, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.




Tea
I really like coffee, but I like tea even better. Especially English tea. I think my favorite is Earl Grey...and not only because it's Picard's favorite!



Animals
I'm a huge animal lover. Practically all types of animals; dogs, cats, rats, snakes, doesn't matter. My favorite animals are the big cats, especially lions. Absolutely gorgeous. I've always wanted to be a big cat handler. (Among other equally far-fetched dreams.) No wonder The Lion King is my second favorite Disney movie.


Apologetics

The thing I'm most interested in studying is the Bible, and more specifically, how to defend the faith. I love going to Lenny Esposito's Come Reason classes, listening to my Dad's online apologetics class, and reading books like the one on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things you like ...wow! You ARE your parents daughter!!! That's so fun seeing that you share so many interests with Dad and I. How special to have these things in common.

The things you like ...they are some of the many reasons why you are such a joy to us. It's fun to talk and laugh with you about these things. It's fun when you "get" related "inside jokes" and know TV and movie "lines".

...It can be a lot of fun to like what loved ones like when they have fun sharing what they like with the ones they love...

"If you know what I mean!" :)

Love, Mom!<><