Welcome to my blog! Check out the "view by label" section in the sidebar to see what kinds of things I write about.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Drinking?


I don't think that it's sinful to have a drink. The Bible says don't get drunk with wine, not don't ever drink wine. I had wine on my wedding night and I've had a few drinks since then as well, but not for many months now. I am often in the company of a person who is known to not only drink, but to get very drunk. Because of this I have stopped drinking all together, even though I don't think there would be anything wrong with me having one once in a while. I feel like if I have a drink, my witnessing tool is gone. I think I can be a much more effective example if I never drink at all.

However, it's not the easiest thing in the world. At this moment there is a case of Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade in the fridge and it's calling my name. I've had it before and it's SO good! It's pretty difficult to resist taking one. After all, will my not drinking really do that much good?

I'm a little confused on that point because it's not like my behavior has actually influenced anyone's thoughts about alcohol, and I kind of feel like if I wasn't around someone who had a problem with getting drunk then it wouldn't be a big deal if I had one. Then again, alcohol is really one of those things that can easily become an addiction and it's probably better to just not touch it no matter how much control you think you have. Besides, even though I said I don't think my behavior has influenced anyone, you never know what effect you might have on someone without even knowing it.

Darn you, Mike's! *pout*

No comments: